LEON 3FT Microprocessor
Our UT699 LEON™ 3FT Microprocessor Trilogy Seminar Series has concluded. However, you may request the WebEx audio presentation here!
Aeroflex’s LEON 3FT family includes the UT699 SPARC™ V8 Microprocessor with Aeroflex Gaisler IP and the new GR712RC SPARC™ V8 Microprocessor.
Aeroflex's UT699 and GR712RC are processing solutions for markets such as Nuclear Power Plant Controls, Critical Transportation Systems, High-Altitude Avionics,
Medical Electronics and X-Ray Cargo Scanning.
Aeroflex updated the UT699 LEON 3FT Manual in October 2012. The manual highlights recent edits and also contains all the web-posted UT699 LEON Application Notes for your use.
Aeroflex has added the ALExIS Development System User Guide to aid your development. A new ALExIS PROM update is also available.
Please sign up if you wish to receive future updates by email!
To aid in your design, Aeroflex has posted the UT699 Power Calculator spreadsheet for calculating total device power dissipation and the UT699 Power Calculator Application Note which describes how to use the spreadsheet.
Aeroflex also offers customers a complete SpaceWire solution - products and test equipment. Aeroflex and 4Links Limited have a test equipment distribution agreement allowing Aeroflex to provide 4Links SpaceWire test equipment and support for North America.
For questions, please call 800-645-8862.
GR712RC dual-core LEON 3FT SPARC V8 Processor
UT699 32-bit Fault-Tolerant LEON 3FT SPARC™ V8 Processor
- 2 LEON 3FT 32-bit processors
- 6 SpaceWire ports
- MIL-STD-1553B interface
- Flight, engineering and prototype levels
- Full temp range
- Available Class S screening and qualification, 300 krad(Si)
- 240-pin CQFP Flatpack
UT699 Single Board Computer
- Implemented on a 0.25um CMOS technology
- Static design allows flexible 1MHz-66MHz clock rate
- Internally configured clock network
- Power saving 2.5V core power supply
- Four integrated multi-protocol SpaceWire nodes with two supporting the RMAP protocol
- Available to SMD 5962-08228, QML Q and V, withstands 100 krad to 300 krad(Si)
- 352-pin CQFP, weight 31.5 grams
- 484-pin Ceramic Land Grid, Column Grid and Ball
ALExIS Development System
- Proven microprocessor technology
- Based on the UT699 LEON 3FT 32-bit SPARC™ V8 Microprocessor
- UT699 at 66MHz, 89 DMIPs throughput
- Flight heritage
- Industry standard development tools; real-time software operating system support
- Size: Small, 3U cPCI form factor, 160mm x 100mm
- Weight: 3.8 lbs (Estimate)
- Power: <5.5W
GR-CPCI-UT699 LEON 3FT CPCI Development Board
- ALExIS stands for Aeroflex LEON Experimenter’s Interface System, which is a self-contained Development Platform that comes with Hardware and Software Components
- ALExIS is a ready to run Development Platform with a flexible architecture to support a variety of customer applications
- ALExIS decreases development time and user learning curve
- ALExIS comes with a non-flight UT699 Single Board Computer (SBC) which has a path to flight
- NEW:ALExIS User Guide
Software Development Tools
- Compact PCI plug-in format
- On-board memory: SDRAM, SRAM, FLASH, EEPROM
- Power, reset, clock and auxiliary circuits
- Interfaces: 33 MHz, 32-bit PCI interface with host/satellite and master/target capability, two CAN interfaces, four SpaceWire interfaces, one serial UART interface, 10/100 Mbps Ethernet